Posted on April 13, 2017
Welcome to the Defending the Dream grant application. Thank you for taking the time to complete the grant application. We respect your work and value your time and we hope that it will not take much longer than 15-20 minutes to complete this application. This will be the only written submission you need to complete for the Defending the Dream Fund. TO PREVIEW THE QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU START THE SURVEY CLICK HERE.
As a reminder, the Hill-Snowdon Foundation, in partnership with the General Service Foundation, launched the Defending the Dream Fund with an emphasis on supporting:
- Community Organizing & Power Building
- Multiple Issues, Immediate, Mid and Long-term & Intersectional Work including, but not limited to:
- Immediate threats – creating local defense committees; providing know your rights and “sanctuary spaces”; organizing around refugee & Muslim bans and Islamophobia; organizing against anti-Black racism; preventing healthcare and public benefit cuts; preventing rollbacks on workplace; LGBTQ, and reproductive rights and environment protections; organizing against anti-protestor bills; protecting the sovereignty of Native communities; etc.
- Mid-range and longer threats – organizing around voting rights; mobilizing for 2018 federal, state and local elections; preparing for the census and redistricting; fighting against the privatization of public education and other ‘public goods’; weakening federal oversight regulations and suppressing dissent in the media, etc.
- State and Local level organizing
Finally, we are particularly interested in supporting work in under-resourced regions, led by grassroots community based organizations with budgets under $1 million. Please note that we can only support organizations with a 501c3 or fiscal sponsor.
The Defending the Dream Fund is a one-year initiative for 2017 only and we will make grants up to $10,000. This is the first of two grant application periods for the Fund and this on-line application will be closed on May 1, 2017. Our second and final grant submission period will be from July 31st to September 1st, 2017.