Posted on April 11, 2018
Host a Community Organizing Apprentice!
Participating in CNL gives host sites the opportunity to build the field and support the next generation of organizers. Hosting a CNL apprentice is also an effective way to build an institution’s organizing capacity. Apprentices work at the host site nearly full-time, adding such significant staffing capacity that alumni frequently find employment at their CNL host organization.
Applications Due: Friday, April 13th
We strongly encourage hosts sites to recommend apprentice candidates from their membership or community base. We will give priority to those host candidates who nominate community members they have already cultivated.
- If you are interested in applying to be a host organization, you must complete the online application by March 30, 2018.
- After completing the application you will receive instructions for submitting additional documentation.
- Host finalists will be invited to the CNL Matching Fair where they will meet the apprentice finalists. Hosts will have time following the fair to hold more in-depth interviews, call references and then communicate preferences to CNL staff.
- Matching: We will do our best to match you with a candidate that complements your organization based on your preferences and that of the apprentices. Participation in the CNL program is contingent upon making a successful match with a CNL apprentice.We strongly encourage host candidates to suggest matches from their own membership base.
- Cost: Selected host organizations are required to pay a commitment fee of $15,950 and provide apprentices with supervision, as well as a supportive and engaging learning environment.