Posted on August 1, 2018
Legislative Advocacy for Grantmakers: Where Funders Fit (Buffalo)
The Advocacy Institute (AI) and New York Funders Alliance are proud to partner in our first statewide legislative advocacy training series for the philanthropic community. The series includes a webinar followed by a one-day in-person training offered in the Hudson Valley, Western New York, and New York City (including participants from Long Island). Program content is designed for both staff and trustees of foundations, grantmaking institutions, and corporate giving offices.
- Key players and power structures and how to navigate them on a state and local level
- Best practices for supporting grantees, coalitions, and campaigns in legislative and budget work
- How funders can track more effectively the critical milestones in legislative advocacy
- Legislative and budget timelines on a state and local level and how to plan for them
- Tools for effective legislative advocacy including maps and training resources you can share with your grantees and colleagues
- Strategy and practice with tools and with local campaigns
- More connections with other funders across the state
Please see this page for the full program description.
Webinar: September 12th at 2:00pm
- October 12th — Western NY
- October 18th — New York City (includes Long Island)
- October 25th — Hudson Valley
Sample agenda for the in-person session available below.
Cost: $250 for 1 person and $400 for two people per organization. Register Here
Please reach out to Stephanie Chrispin, Communications and Development Manager, with any questions and information about sponsorship opportunities: email@example.com