Posted on June 13, 2017
NYC Fund for Girls & Young Women of Color
Fall 2017 Grant Guidelines
The New York City Fund For Girls and Young Women of Color (The Fund) is pleased to announce its Fall 2017 Grant Guidelines.
In this funding cycle, The Fund is prioritizing organizations that:
- Are located in and working in the Bronx, Staten Island, or in First Nations within the nearby tri-state region.
- Are led by and for young women of color as active, consistent, visible, and compensated participants at all levels of organizational involvement, not just within the proposed project
- Advance the collective leadership of young women of color toward broad based change around pivotal areas while addressing individual immediate harms and historical trauma
- Use a gender, race and economic justice lens in programmatic work and organizational practices
- Have less access to funding opportunities
- Are committed to building a leadership pipeline of young women, trans, and gender non-binary youth of color, working collaboratively with other organizations as part of a networked ecosystem for change.
The process begins with submitting a Letter of Inquiry using the template provided here. If your organization is selected to advance to the full application stage, you will receive further instructions for next steps in the process. Only organizations invited to submit full proposals will be considered for a grant award. More details are available by clicking on the links above.
The deadline for submitting Letters of Inquiry is before noon on June 19th, 2017.
Managed and housed by the New York Women’s Foundation, The Fund is the first funding collaborative of its kind. It is rooted in the historic truths and lived experiences of women of color, and it builds upon the achievements of those that have come before to make this work possible now. We move forward with the commitment to the current and future generations of girls and young women in New York City, a pivotal hub to the nation and the world.
2017 Fund members include (list in formation): Andrus Family Fund; Brooklyn Community Foundation; Cricket Island Foundation; Ford Foundation; Foundation for a Just Society; Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation; Ms. Foundation for Women; The New York Community Trust; New York Foundation; North Star Fund; NoVo Foundation; Pinkerton Foundation; Scherman Foundation; Schott Foundation; Surdna Foundation; Stonewall Community