Capacity Building Program
As a current grantee partner of the New York Foundation, you are eligible for our Capacity Building Program, which connects you to experts, trainings, resources, and additional funds to help you meet your organization’s mission. Enrollment for this opportunity is open year round, so be sure to connect with your program officer to discuss the different available options.
What is capacity building?
Capacity building provides individuals and organizations a set of tools, resources, knowledge, and skills to advance their work and achieve their mission. For social justice groups this includes not only building organizational functions but community organizing strategies, including advocacy, base-building, coalition-building, direct action, leadership development, litigation/lawyering, participatory action research, participatory planning and design, popular education, and strategic communications.
Through the New York Foundation Capacity Building Program, you will:
- Get the tools you need to move from a founder’s initial vision toward developing a sustainable organization.
- Strengthen your organization’s capacity to sustain your work over time.
- Advance the community organizing and advocacy strategies.
- Build the knowledge and skills to help your organization be influential and effective.
- Build the leadership pipeline of community residents, staff members, and young people.
Here’s what the Capacity Building Program offers:
- Connecting you with providers and allies ready to support you with your organizational goals and needs.
- Additional funds to resource your work to strengthen your organization.
- Skills-building workshops and trainings using an equity-lens.